I'm not a big New Years resolution person, but I have been plugging away at my 101 in 1001 list and I'm excited to report a lot of new things that have happened!
I realize that January 13th is a bit late to look back at the previous year, but better late than never. 2014 started out with a very blank slate. I was just starting a new relationship, was unemployed and job hunting, and I had just turned 25.
Happily, 2014 brought me the love of my life, an awesome new job (that came with a whole lotta ups and downs...but mostly ups), and lots of opportunities to travel. The last 12 months brought Charleston, Providence, NYC, Florida, Las Vegas, Charleston, Toronto, Grandma in Boston, Charleston, Bristol RI and NYC again. 2015 might not be as hectic, but I can't to take a vacation somewhere warm late this spring!!
And without further ado, a few new goals accomplished:
30. Bought a splurge dress: a navy DVF Bentley dress.
41. Order monogrammed stationery. I love these flat cards designed by Happy Menocal from Paperless Post.
45. Buy a splurge candle. Happy birthday to me!
53. Finished a little bar area in my apartment. Now I need to host a cocktails night!
85. My incredible, wonderful thoughtful boyfriend surprised me with tickets to see The Nutcracker at the New York City Ballet. My grandpa was going to take me when I turned 12 but the trip wasn't possible at the time. The best part is that they haven't even changed the costumes since they recorded the version I watched a million times as a kid!
What are you reflecting on in 2014 and looking ahead to in 2015?
Happy belated New Year!